The easy-to-use, safe, high-performance, wash-in waterproofing for cotton, polycotton and canvas. Adds Durable Water Repellency; reducing weight gain and maintaining the breathability of cotton, polycotton and canvas, in wet weather.
Great for waterproofing:
- Cotton and polycotton clothing such as trousers and jackets
- Can also be applied by hand to canvas packs, tents and awnings
All Nikwax packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable (#2 plastic) in New Zealand.
How Nikwax Cotton Proof™ protects
Nikwax Cotton Proof™ leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres, allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability, prolonging the life of gear and optimising performance in wet weather.
Nikwax Cotton Proof™ is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine and ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment. The highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of Nikwax Cotton Proof™ develops on air drying. Therefore, the need for tumble drying is removed, saving energy.
Uses per bottle:
- Approximately 50ml per item of clothing
- Approximately 50ml per 3m² for tents and other equipment
For best results always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place clean items(s) in washing machine (maximum 3 items).
- Use 50ml for 1 item, 100ml for 2 items and 150ml for 3 items.
- Wash according to care label.
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash. Do not use detergents.