Down Wash Direct
The easy-to-use, safe, high-performance technical cleaner for hydrophobic and regular down filled clothing and gear.
Great for cleaning and water repellency:
- Treated and non-treated down filled sleeping bags and clothing
All Nikwax packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable (#2 plastic) in New Zealand.
How Nikwax Down Wash maintains your down items.
Nikwax Down Wash Direct is a highly effective cleaner which removes body oils and dirt from both the fabric and the down fill. It restores the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of both the outer fabric and the down. This protects against rain and condensation, preventing the item from wetting out and maintaining the natural insulating properties of down. It revives breathability, allowing moisture vapour to pass through the item, optimising performance in cold and damp conditions.
Uses per bottle:
- Approximately 100ml required per 2 items
Sleeping bags and very large jackets are best hand washed in a bath or equivalent and then spin dried in a washing machine.
Use neat Down Wash Direct to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use conventional detergents.
Machine Wash (for down clothing only):
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum 2 items in washing machine.
- Add 100 ml.
- Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
- After the washing cycle has finished run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed, to remove excess water.
(Hand wash sleeping bags or wash in a professional machine).