SoftShell Proof Wash-In
The easy-to-use, safe, high-performance wash-in waterproofing for softshell clothing. Adds Durable Water Repellency and revives breathability – in a washing machine.
Great for waterproofing:
- Softshell fabrics such as Windstopper®, Windbloc® and Schoeller®
All Nikwax packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable (#2 plastic) in New Zealand.
How Nikwax SoftShell Proof™ Wash-In protects.
Nikwax SoftShell Proof™ Wash-In is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The washing machine application ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment, treating seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric.
The need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax SoftShell Proof™ Wash-In leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
Uses per bottle:
- Top loading machine wash: 300ml for a maximum of two garments
- Front loading machine wash: approximately 100ml per garment
- Hand wash: approximately 50ml per garment
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Remove all detergent build up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
- Use 100ml per garment.
- Run 30°C synthetic cycle and slow spin.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.