Tent & Gear SolarWash Spray-On
Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash™ can extend the life of tents by 50 percent, just by cleaning! It is a water-based cleaning spray for tents and other outdoor equipment that protects against UV degradation whilst removing dirt.
Great for cleaning and improving UV protection on:
- Tents, packs, panniers, awnings and more
All Nikwax packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable (#2 plastic) in New Zealand.
Ultraviolet (UV) light and dirt are the two most significant sources of damage for tents. UV light attacks the fabric, reducing its strength and causing fading. Dirt interferes with the water repellency of the tent, causing the fabric to absorb water.
Nikwax’s Tent & Gear SolarWash is a water-based cleaning spray for tents and other outdoor equipment that protects against UV degradation whilst removing dirt, and unlike normal detergents, does not leave behind residues that damage water repellency.
Uses per bottle:
- Approximately 50ml required per 1m² of fabric
- Erect tent OR protect working surface and lay item flat.
- Spray evenly to outside of fabric. For large items apply in sections.
- Rub in well with a damp cloth/sponge, paying attention to particularly dirty areas. Use a soft nylon brush if necessary to remove stubborn stains.
- Rinse with clean water using a cloth or sponge.
Item(s) should be air dried. Allow item(s) to fully dry before packing away
*Marks may appear on fabric if excess product is not wiped away. Test on a hidden area first.
Use approximately 50ml of product per 1m2 of fabric.
The coverage is approximate and depends on the condition of the fabric being treated.