Wax Cotton Proof
Spray-on waterproofing for waxed cotton. Adds water-repellency.
Great for waterproofing:
- Wax cotton items such as jackets
All Nikwax packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable (#2 plastic) in New Zealand.
Wax Cotton Proof rejuvenates the water repellency of tired, waxed cotton clothing. Replace the water repellent finishes on waxed cotton and overcome the problem of gear ‘wetting out’. Easy to apply, your gear life is lengthened and wet weather performance enhanced.
For best results always clean outside of jacket using Nikwax® Tech Wash® (only if care label allows) with damp cloth or rinse under running water and sponge down to remove surface dirt. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.
Application (use gloves):
- Protect working surface and lay fastened wet jacket on a flat clean surface.
- Spray Nikwax® Wax Cotton Proof™ generously onto outer surface.
- Spread evenly with a damp sponge or clean rag, rubbing evenly into fabric.
- Check carefully to ensure no areas have been missed.
Drying: Hang up to air dry. Rub in any drips or runs. Touch up areas that may have been overlooked.